|*****STAFF HOUSING AVAILABLE*****REVENUE FROM LESSONS AVAILABLE******
The Cranberry Golf Club is seeking an experienced Assistant Golf Professional. This position supports and assists the Head Golf Professional with all Golf Shop operations, including staff training, team leadership, merchandising, event planning, teaching and playing. The position reports to the Head Golf Professional.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Demonstrates and reinforces leadership behaviors necessary to gain team members loyalty, satisfaction and pride through our Service Culture Standards.
• Responds to guest / member complaints and resolves them in a way that ensures every guest / member departs happy and will return again.
• Maintains and promotes among staff a “no compromise” attitude towards providing the highest possible level of Hospitality, Quality and Value to the guest / member through our Service Culture Standards.
• Takes action to ensure the standards of Cranberry Golf Resort are upheld and applied firmly and fairly.
• Along with the Head Golf Professional, will assist in the coordination of recruiting, training, retaining and developing Pro Shop staff, starters and players who are enthusiastically dedicated to delivering the highest level of hospitality, quality and value to our guests / members.
• Opens and closes the Golf Shop areas and that all duties and standards are adhered to following established procedures and checklists.
• Assist in the planning, organization and teaching of the junior golf program.
• Assist in the planning, organization and running of private golf tournaments.
• Actively promote all member leagues and events.
• Assist in the preparation of budgets including forecasting, review of all golf revenues, expenses on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis.
• Maintains safe and secure working conditions throughout all areas of the operation for the well being of the golf staff, guests, members and the protection of the Golf Club assets.
• Complies with all policies and procedures, current federal, provincial and local laws, guidelines and regulations specifically in the Golf Operations area.
• Monitors staffing levels according to the needs of the business during that shift. Sends "extra" staff home and/or assists manager in securing additional staff to ensure maximum efficiency.
• Communicates effectively to the Head Golf Professional regarding any performance issues such as tardiness, poor attitude, incomplete uniform etc.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
Class A Professional in good standing
Minimum of 3-years experience in a member club environment
Competent playing and teaching skills. A proven instructor in both clinic and individual learners.
Knowledge of GolfNow Reservations software is an asset
Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Good oral and written communication skills.
Say you saw it on Golf Jobs Canada