Hey… how are you? Hope you are having a great day today! We appreciate you taking a little bit of time out of what is likely a busy day for you, to read about an opportunity that we have. Actually maybe it is better to call it an experience…a once in a lifetime opportunity to do something really cool with your life that will take you to one of the most beautiful places in the world to have the chance to be surrounded by like minded people who are passionate about creating extraordinary experiences for our guests and for our team.
Kananaskis Country Golf Course is quite simply a special and different place. Literally and figuratively, it is a breath of fresh air. What makes it so special? Certainly, our setting doesn’t hurt! We are located in the middle of the spectacular Canadian Rockies about 55 minutes west of Calgary and 45 minutes from Banff; paradise if you are the kind of person who enjoys a quiet environment surrounded by nature, tremendous hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, and camping. But the setting doesn’t even begin to tell our story. The secret to this special place for over 35 years been our team…our family. Incredible people like you who understand the power of connection and how small gestures and going the extra mile mean so much to creating a very special feeling for both sides involved.
So, what do you think so far? Does this place sound interesting? Is your gut telling you to read on and find out more about what we are looking for? Is it intrigued by the fact that this job posting isn’t like most others that you have read before? Let me tell you the gist of what we are looking for. In a nutshell, we need givers - not takers. We need people who crave connection, are passionate about people, love being busy, and aren’t scared to try something new…
Our core fundamental value and focus is something we call #makethetime. It is our rallying cry, our mantra, and our reason for being in business. What does it mean and why is it so important?
1 The pace of our lives is simply crazy. We are all way too busy and being pulled in a million different directions. When we finally do get a chance to hang out with friends/family we often say to ourselves…” why don’t we do this more often?”. The easy answer is because we need 48 hours in a day and not 24. It is our focus as a business to remind people that they need to “make the time” to be with loved ones to re-connect and to decompress. It’s important. Kananaskis Country GC is exactly the right spot to do that. Whether it is to golf, to come for breakfast, lunch, dinner, have business meetings, whatever the excuse… JUST DO IT!
2 Make the time is also a focus for our team. For example – “make the time” to:
a. Shake someone’s hand, look them in the eye, and introduce yourself.
b. Do the little things that we all know mean SO MUCH
c. Do the right thing…. period.
d. Pick the perfect items to sell in the Pro Shop, pick the best ingredients for our menu, or find the best practice to ensure our greens roll true.
e. And on…and on…and on. You get the point…you’re a smart cookie.
So, what is this long winded Job posting for?
Our team needs Outside Operations members who “made the time” to read this verbose posting and is moved by it. We also need someone who:
1. Loves variety in the workplace and will work in different positions like our Valet, Power Cart Attendant, Driving Range, and Turfgrass maintenance teams.
2. Is willing to move out to Kananaskis Country GC and live on site to enjoy a season with us.
3. Enjoys being around people, having fun, working hard, playing hard, and taking everything that mountain life has to give.
4. Is a person who enjoys chipping in and helping wherever needed… in other words doesn’t know or understand the phrase “that’s not my job”.
5. Enjoys working outside in a beautiful mountain environment.
6. Is wanting to learn the systems, policies, and procedures that our managers have put together for the Outside Operations and help to make them better with practical experience and input.
Terms of Employment –
* Full time hours at a rate of $13.60 per hour plus share of gratuity pool. Newly renovated accommodation with private room and wifi is available at affordable rates.
Responsibilities will include:
* Being a great organizer and communicator with other teammates and guests in a busy work environment that includes our Valet, Power Cart, Driving Range, and Turfgrass maintenance areas.
* Ability to work one day every two weeks in a fun sales event on the golf course called the Golf Shop challenge!
* Being active with things like running at valet, lifting bags, carrying range balls while setting up the range, and many other examples.
* Working with our agronomy team on a part time basis to help get our golf courses ready to play at the highest levels possible.
* Living with the people you work with and working with the people you live with! Incredible opportunity to make life-long friends!
Obviously, there is much more to the position but I have rambled on enough here. If you are interested in applying for this position and coming on a pretty cool ride at a facility that we believe will be crazy busy for years to come – then DO IT!!! Send in an application.
If you want to learn more about the position – feel free to reach out to me at email@example.com
You must say you saw this on Golf Jobs Canada.
Thanks so much for the consideration!
Outside Operations Manager
Kananaskis Country Golf Course